Paid Memberships Pro Sponsored/Group Members GPL Overview:
For groups or institutions that allow a member to purchase a block of linked accounts. The Add On provides the primary member with a code to distribute to their team for use during registration. The primary member can also automatically register the child’s accounts during checkout.
There are a few scenarios possible with this Add On. Each scenario shares these common features:
- When users checkout for a main account (or are assigned one by an admin), a discount code is generated to allow sponsored members to sign up for the sponsored level for free.
- If a user has a discount code assigned to them, it will show up on their membership account and confirmation pages.
- Sponsored members will be linked to their sponsor through the
- If a sponsor’s account is cancelled, all of their sponsored members will have their accounts disabled as well.
- If a sponsor’s account is reenabled at a later point, all of their sponsored members will have their accounts re-enabled automatically.
- Sponsors (parents) cannot use their own code to checkout for membership.
Note that this Add On will only work with the Membership Checkout process included in Paid Memberships Pro. It is not compatible when using another checkout process for membership, such as WooCommerce