Download Monitor Downloading Page GPL Overview:
Serve downloads from a separate page
We’ve just made it easy for you to display an ad or a link to your social media profiles while users are waiting for a download to start. It’s great advertising space for your site.
The Downloading page is a default WordPress page, allowing you to place anything you like on it. A great example is using a banner plugin to display an ad for every download!
- Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Auto-play a video that shows instructions on how to use your product. The users can watch the video while the download’s starting.
- Display ads while users are waiting for downloads to start
- Display links to your social media profiles
- The download is automatically started after a few seconds on the downloading page. We also include a shortcode that displays a manual download link. Just in case.
- A detailed breakdown of email addresses that were collected for each locked download.
- Bulk-download all the email addresses you’ve collected.
- Finally, the Downloading Page extension comes with an overridable template file so you can change the complete output of the manual download shortcode.